Monday, October 4, 2010

Chandler is where it all started. Yes he was the very first grandchild, and we loved him from the moment we saw him. Okay, I loved him before I saw him. No one told me how totally amazing it was to be a grandma. Now we are working on #10 in November and #11 coming in Febuary. I love being a grandma more than anything else on earth. Chandler was the one who trained me. He has such a gentle spirit, he loves deeply. He's the easiest kid to be around, he always wants to please us and take care of us. He love's to help everyone. Chandler is turning 10 today and I don't know where the time has gone. He's gotten so tall. I remember holding him in my arms and pacing up and down the hallway till I thought my arms would fall off, trying to get him to sleep. Then when he would fall asleep I would sit carefully as not to wake him and if I sat very still he would sleep for about 20 minutes to 45 minutes. We were oatmeal buddies and would eat a huge bowl of oatmeal on the days I babysat. He taught bb and I, how to run fast when he learned how to work the hose and turned it on us. He found the more he sprayed us, the faster we would run and the harder we would laugh. He still makes us laugh, mostly he touches our hearts with kindness. I love the way he laughs, I love his big smile, I love his dimples, his big blue eyes, and the way he always wants to help me. Chandler Mandler I love you with all my heart, thanks for making me a good grandma. Happy 10th birthday, may you have 120 more.

No comments: